The latest on medical spa skin treatments and more
FOCUS ON the Jessner Peel
WHAT IS A JESSNER PEEL?
A Jessner Peel is a mild medical skin peel that takes away the skin’s damaged outer layers to produce smoother, tighter and younger-looking skin. Dr. Max Jessner, a German-American dermatologist, created the Jessner peel solution. It is combination of 3 fruit acids mixed together: 14% lactic acid, 14% resorcinal and 14% salicyclic acid in an alcohol base.
“This is a very popular peel due to the mild percentages associated with the peel formulation. It doesn’t penetrate as deeply as other chemical peels.”
- Dr. Crawford Dobson, Medical Director, Euphoria Wellness Spa
WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE?
The treatment time is approximately 45 minutes and performed in a private spa facial room at Euphoria Wellness Spa by a trained specialist.
- The skin is cleansed with a botanical natural wash.
- Toner is applied.
- A protective gel is applied under the eye area and on the lips.
- The peel formulation is carefully applied. (A fan or cooling technique is used to reduce the sensation of heat.)
- The peel is given time to activate. Some “frosting” will appear (a glaze on the skin) once the peel has neutralized.
- The peel formulation is removed and a special moisturizer is applied.
- Over the next week cleanse with very gentle soap and use a gentle moisturizer with an SPF 30. Makeup can still be applied. Avoid sun exposure.
WHAT IS THE TYPICAL PEELING EFFECT?
- Day One: No peeling. Your face may feel a bit dry. Your skin will have a very nice glow.
- Day Two: Your face will feel dry and a bit tight. Some peeling may be seen.
- Day Three: Typically, most of the peeling will occur on this day. It is not uncomfortable. You may wish to stay closer to home since your skin will peel as if you were shedding dry skin from a sunburn.
- Day Four: Minimal peeling, if any. Continue to apply moisturizer with a high SPF and use mild soap to wash.
WHAT IS THE RESULT?
Jessner peels at Euphoria Wellness Spa can help to:
- reduce signs of aging
- diminish hyperpigmentation
- diminish large pores
- treat acne concerns, including comedones
- brighten complexion
- promote exfoliation of your skin’s surface layers
- increase cell renewal
- improve the texture of your skin
- reduce age spots, freckles and dark patches (melasma)
- leave skin feeling silky soft
WHAT IS THE FREQUENCY OF THIS TREATMENT?
A Euphoria Wellness Spa skincare specialist will design the specific protocol of dosage and treatment objectives for your skin. Some people opt for a monthly peel to greatly diminish skin problems, while others get effective results with just one or two treatments.
OTHER FACIAL TREATMENTS
Effective Medi Spa Treatments for aging, damaged and problem skin include the following. We will focus on these treatments in upcoming issues: micropigmentation • micro-needling • pixel laser skin resurfacing•
various facials, eye and lip treatments • mini micro exfoliation
SPRING DETOX ON APRIL 8TH
Euphoria is offering a special Spring Detox workshop given by Laura Amber Wood, our in-house holistic nutritionist, and Leisa Peacock our holistic practitioner. Join us on Sat., April 8th from 11 am - 1 pm. You’ll learn how you can detox on your own safely, and be invited to sample detox drinks and snacks. You’ll get some great detox home cleaning tips, and make your own toxin-free room spray to take with you. Tickets are $29 (members save 10%). Attendance is limited. Register online at euphoriawellnessspa.com or give us a call at 705.741.4772.