Vaginal Rejuvenation and Renewing Intimacy
After childbirth the vagina changes. Changes can become even more pronounce post-menopause. These can greatly impact intimacy in a relationship, and yet many women just “live with it.”
Studies show that many women don’t talk to their doctors about the following issues since they do not realize treatment is available:
- Stress urinary incontinence – urinary leakage resulting from physical movement such as coughing, even sneezing, exercising or lifting something heavy
- Vaginal dryness and lack of lubrication
- Laxity (lack of tightness) of the vaginal canal
- Reduced sensation or pleasure during intercourse
- Painful sensations during intercourse
- Lowered sexual interest
- More Urinary tract symptoms
- Vulvar or vaginal bleeding (fissuring)
- Malodourous discharge
- Urgency, frequency, voiding at night
What is Vaginal Rejuvenation?
Vaginal Rejuvenation is a very important area of women’s wellness. This can start right after childbirth. Vaginal Rejuvenation is needed with conditions like vaginal laxity (or looseness), which can mean less sensation or pleasure during intercourse. Vaginal laxity can also become more pronounced post-menopause.
After menopause, there is less estrogen to stimulate receptors on the vulva, vagina, urethra and lower bladder. Effects include loss of vaginal elasticity, narrowing and shortening of vaginal canal. There can also be urethral discomfort, pain, increased urinary frequency, and increased Urinary Tract Infections.
Treatments to help rejuvenate the vagina include moisturizers, lubricants, prescribed medications and estrogen therapy. However, not all of these methods work. In addition, when it comes to medications and estrogen therapy, some women are at risk, or dislike treatment due to the side effects.
How MonaLisa Touch® Helps Renew Intimacy
The MonaLisa Touch® is the first real non-hormonal treatment available to bring about vaginal rejuvenation naturally. The treatment has been life changing for women who have been suffering for years. It has renewed intimacy, and helped fulfill many aspects of a fuller, younger life.
This sophisticated laser is FDA-approved to target and treat vaginal issues. The MonaLisa Touch fractional CO2 laser is designed specifically to administer stimulation to vaginal tissue. It naturally brings about moisture and vaginal rejuvenation.
With thousands of patients treated worldwide, with up to 36-months follow-up, there have been no safety concerns to date. In fact, the response is overwhelmingly positive.
These are the key benefits:
- Done as a Euphoria Med Spa procedure
- Simple and safe
- No anesthesia required
- No Downtime
How does the procedure work?
- Once the patient has been carefully prepped in a private Med Spa room, a sterile “insertion ring” is placed in the vaginal opening by the doctor. The “insertion ring” is a circular device. It allows the insertion and movement of the laser hand piece protecting the labia.
- After the insertion has been completed, the doctor performs the treatment with MonaLisa Touch fractional carbon dioxide device. The laser emits a carbon dioxide beam to effectively treat the carefully-targetted vaginal tissue.
- The doctor will ensure the affected areas are remodelled and treated. The cells will them rejuvenate and improve the lubrication of the vagina, as well as strengthen the related muscles.
- This procedure has minimal downtime. Patients begin to notice improvements after the first treatment.
Want to know more about Vaginal Rejuvenation with the MonaLisa Touch in Peterborough and the Kawarthas?