FOCUS ON BOTOX
WHAT IS BOTOX®?
Botox®, made by Allergan, has been used for more than 20 years and has many different medical applications. Botox® Cosmetic is a purified protein. It is used as a simple, non-surgical procedure for facial rejuvenation in women and men aged 18 to 65.
Botox® Cosmetic in Peterborough is administered by Euphoria Wellness Spa’s medical doctors, also specially trained to provide Botox® injections.
Today, Botox® Cosmetic has become the most popular physician-administered cosmetic treatment in North America with an estimated 3 million treatments performed annually. It has also received a 97% satisfaction rating among users.
WHAT ARE THE MOST POPULAR USES?
- Botox® Cosmetic is an effective way to decrease the appearance of frown lines, forehead lines and crow’s feet.
- Botox® can be administered at Euphoria to treat chronic migraines.
- Botox® can also be administered for hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating.
WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE FOR BOTOX® COSMETIC?
- Botox® injections are carefully administered by one of Euphoria’s medical doctors on staff.
- You will not be given anesthesia since the treatment is only minimally invasive.
- The doctor’s treatment will last about 10 minutes, taking place in a private treatment room at Euphoria Wellness Spa. A very fine needle is used, which feels like a quick series of pinpricks in the areas to be treated.
- The Botox will start to work by relaxing the muscles that cause wrinkles or lines to appear. A treatment takes approximately 3-14 days to take full effect.
- NOTE: Discuss preparation with the doctor at Euphoria prior to treatment. For example, it is best to stop taking Aspirin and anti-inflammatory medications a week before treatment.
WHAT IS THE FREQUENCY OF THIS TREATMENT?
One 10-minute treatment of Botox® Cosmetic can provide a noticeable difference within a few days. Results typically last 4-6 months.
WHAT IS THE RESULT?
The result of using Botox® Cosmetic is that of providing a “refreshed appearance” says Dr. Crawford Dobson, Euphoria’s Medical Director. He adds, “The effects are subtle, and yet definitely create a more youthful look since frown lines and wrinkles are diminished.”
Welcoming Dr. Tony Jeffery
Euphoria Wellness Spa is very pleased to welcome a third physician to its growing medical spa team. Dr. Tony Jeffery, BSc, MD, CCFP. Dr. Jeffery will specialize in Botox® treatments. Dr. Jeffery graduated from the University of Toronto in 1986 and served his residency at Mount Sinai Hospital. Over the past 19 years Dr. Jeffery has worked as a Family Physician at the Peterborough Clinic and an Emergency Physician at the Peterborough Regional Health Centre. He is certified in the injection of Botox® Cosmetic.
May Botox® Special
Euphoria Wellness Spa is celebrating 11 years of offering medical spa treatments. To mark this anniversary, a May Special is offered to new Botox clients until May 13th. Book a spring or summer Botox® Cosmetic treatment before May 13th and receive free treatment to a second area. (An excellent offer at up to 20 units.) Call Euphoria Wellness Spa at 705-741-4772 to find out more.
EUPHORIA WELLNESS SPA MEDICAL TEAM: Dr. Crawford Dobson, MD, FRCS (C ); Dr. Cornelis Abrahamse, MD; Dr. Tony Jeffery, MD, CCFP; Leisa Peacock, CNHP, CAHT; Laura Amber Wood, CNP, RNCP